Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Using a Wiki for Discussions
~ Standard Tools
~ Symbaloo Ideas
~ Other Tools
~ Individual Reflection
Wolfram Alpha Search
School Facebook Pages
School Twitter Pages
Interesting Ways to Use...
~ Sample School Work
Professional Development - Online
One of the biggest downfalls of a session such as
Integrating Technology in Education
is the fact that there is so much need to continue the discussion. With the advent of educator groups online, you can continue at your own pace.
K12 Online Conference
- The archived presentations for 2014.
K12 RCAN Tech
- This is a Wikispaces site that I created to keep track of all the free learning opportunities I find in my travels.
EC&I 831: Computers in the Classroom
- Dr. Alec Couros session summaries from his graduate course from the Faculty of Education at the University of Regina, SK, Canada.
Social Networks for Educators
Classroom 2.0 Ning
For teachers interested in connecting with others who are trying to integrate web technologies in the classroom.
Educator's PLN Ning
- Dedicated to helping educators build a personal learning network.
Global Education Collaboration
- Ties into the free online conference and can be a way to find global collaborative partners.
Google+ Using Educators
- A list on a Google Document.
Professional Development - In Person
Here are some free professional development opportunities.
One type is called the EdCamp. In these on site learning opportunities, teachers arrange to come together for a day of learning. There is no preset schedule. When the attendees arrive, they fill a board with sessions they would be willing to lead. You do not have to lead a session. For more information and upcoming EdCamps, click here for the
The #140edu conference is a very inexpensive gathering of people interested in education at the 92nd Street Y in New York City. Here is a link to
the 2011 schedule
recordings of past talks
for many different conference videos. They are organized by Jeff Pulver. Each character on stage gets 10 minutes to speak about their passion.
Free Magazines and Journals
- One of my favorite journals.
Free Subscription - Print or Digital
- Technology News for the K-20 Educator. Link
Free print subscription for educators
- Free registration gives access to Editor-selected Education Week and Associated Press stories, free enewsletter, online community, current annual reports, state data, and tools from the research center. Link:
Free online registration
Center for Digital Education
- Documents the technology revolution sweeping modern education. Link:
Free digital reports
Tech & Learning
- Practical resources and expert strategies for transforming education through integration of digital technologies. Link:
Free print edition
Learning & Leading With Technology - Journal from ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) -
free digital edition
A Teacher's Guide To Web 2.0 at School
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"